14 February 2011

Fabric softener

Hi there!  So glad you could stop by Two Dogs today. Did you have a nice weekend?  It was absolutely gorgeous here but that's about to change darn it.  Guess one can't complain, really, since it truly is still winter. Oh well, there's lots to do in the house and I have several paper crafting projects in the works, so I will be content to snuggle in and just go with it.  Like I could change it, right?  *grin*.
Today I want to tell you about yet another use for vinegar.  Vinegar as fabric softener.  You can't get anything cheaper than vinegar, and it really does work. Adding 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle of your washing machine saves you from buying a separate laundry softener. The vinegar works naturally to soften your laundry and it also breaks down your laundry detergent for a cleaner rinse.  This means less detergent is left on your clothes for those with sensitive skin. And don't worry about that vinegar smell sticking around; the odor disappears as your clothes dry. So do you use white or apple cider vinegar?  I don't find any difference and actually use whatever I have on hand.  And I always have vinegar on hand! Have a wonderful week my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some blog love! I appreciate your comments very much.