27 September 2010

Helmets and cups

OK, are you ready for a little joke to start your day?  I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself! 

The first testicular guard, the "Cup", was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.
That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important .
Ladies.....Quit Laughing.

My Master Gardening course is going well.  I really look forward to the class which is held Tuesday evenings.  It is only one semester and there are several of us from here who are taking it so we are able to carpool and that made it totally doable for me.  It is an excellent class and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  We had a Saturday lab this past weekend and we got home early afternoon.  That left a lot of time in the day to work on the stone walkway I am putting in. I will have some pics of that at a later time; I have a ways to go on it, but it is looking good!

Fall is here, but the flowers are still putting forth a lovely show and the fruit on my tomato plants are ripening very nicely.  Can't get enough of those deliscious BLTs!!!!  No tip or recipe or anything to offer you this week other than that lame joke, but I will leave you with a couple of  pictures of the flowers in my yard.  Have a wonderful, wonderful week.  Thanks for stopping by Two Dogs. 






Obviously not flowers -----------------but the pretty leaves of fall are beginning to arrive.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving some blog love! I appreciate your comments very much.