02 August 2015

Rearranging the Back of Miss Freedom

Good day!  Thanks for stopping by Two Dogs.

This past couple of weeks have been busy. I spent several days working on our Vome. Van + Home = Vome. I stole this word from a fellow van dweller.  Don't you just love it!  It's perfect, isn't it?

When the boys and I got back from our first little adventure I jumped right in to tackle those things I had made note of that I wanted to change.  Mostly it was re-organization but two of the main things I wanted to accomplish were moving the three drawer plastic storage unit from being secured along one of the side doors to having it backed against the bed, and doing something different with the storage area at the back of the van.

Moving that three drawer plastic unit  means I can once again open both side doors.  I realized this needed to be done that first night out when, after a full day in the sun, the van was sweltering inside and it wasn't cooling down.  Being able to open both the side doors should make a big difference.

The second thing ---doing something different with the back.  It was organized, but I didn't like the way it looked.  I am not opposed to making do and  I make do quite often, but once home I experienced an epiphany. I removed one of the shelves from a four shelf plastic shelving unit I have in the sun room and replaced the board and mickey-moused  wood cube I had in the back supporting the plastic Sterlite drawer units that give me so much storage.  So it went from using this
( sorry, in my excitement I didn't get a photo of  "before" You'll have to use your imagination for how this looked with the drawer towers on it. and one shorty unit to support the right end of the board) To this


 It's organized and looks good too, I think.  The area underneath the shelf will give me room for the two AGM batteries I will need for power storage from the solar panels, and because I bought portable panels, they will have to be stored when we are on the move. Their dedicated space will be right in front of this storage area. 


 DONE! DONE! AND DONE!  

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Trails!  Hugs, Shawna

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! You're figuring out what works :-) Can't wait to see your Vome in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing to me how much you can fit into Freedom! Your new Vome will have all the essentials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna, I'm as impressed with your organizational skills as I am your writing ability. Your warm, "homey" style and your good humor and "can do" attitude make your blog a delightful and entertaining read, and your "lessons learned" lights the way for others... Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some blog love! I appreciate your comments very much.