14 June 2015

A Cup of Joe Please

Hello!  Thank you for stopping by Two Dogs.

It was crazy last week with a two-day trip to the valley for a family birthday, a trip to the vet with Charlie Barkley to get his jaw plate and screws taken out, grocery shopping, and on and on.  I actually had a different post set up for today, but changed directions.

Let me ask you a question. Do you like coffee?  Come on over to my place for the best cup you have ever tasted. . . 

I was searching for a French press the other day to replace my plastic Melita drip cone.  The coffee from the Melita was OK, but nothing compared to a drip coffee maker. But a coffee maker like I use at home just doesn't seem practical to haul around in Freedom, and since I have no electric in the van at this point, I went on the hunt for something better; and found something amazing.  At least I was hoping it was amazing, because it  sounded amazing.  It's amazing.  Really.  Amazing.

Let me introduce you to the Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker.
This is a stock photo, not my own. 
 


I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived within a couple of days and I immediately tried it out.  BEST CUP OF COFFEE I HAVE EVER TASTED.  Kid you not.  No bitterness whatsoever.  Rich, smooth, delicious.  Then I made a latte --- same thing.  BEST LATTE EVERI will leave it to you to Google and read about the Aeropress's fabulous attributes and just why the coffee comes out so good -- if you're interested in the best cup of joe ever --- but I have to tell you, I am hooked on it.  And the best part?  I can take it along in Freedom and never be without my morning cup; or two or three.  Yes, it's that good. 

So, in the bigger scheme of things, I am putting my electric drip coffee maker in this year's garage sale and the cheapo espresso maker that I have to baby along to make a latte (it's ancient and the knob to turn in on has seized up, but I can get it to work by plugging and unplugging as needed) in the trash.  


I am going to have another cup of THE BEST COFFEE EVER out on the back deck and enjoy this fabulous weather. Have a fabulous week friends.  

Hugs, Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some blog love! I appreciate your comments very much.