04 January 2015

Merry Christmas and the Flu

Flu season is in full swing.  I got my flu shot last fall, but they are saying it wasn't the correct strain.  OK. Some protection is better than none, but I am hoping this year will be as mild as last year, but in any case, I like to be prepared.  And I like to know my bathroom is clean.  The easier THAT chore is the better.  The more cost effective and chemical free the better.  

Here's a great cleaning hack from One Good Thing that I have found to be exceptionally cost effective and works great.  Homemade Cleaning Wipes.

"CLOROX" WIPES
 
1 C water
1/4 C rubbing alcohol
2 T Dawn Dish Detergent
2 T ammonia (optional according to the original recipe)
Old T-shirts cut up into wipe-size pieces.  Even a little larger won't hurt.
 
Stack your T-shirt pieces into a glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid.  I used an empty plastic coffee "can".  Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the T-shirt pieces.

Every once in awhile, if I remember, I turn the can upside down just in case the wipes need to be remoistened.  I stuffed so many in the can that I don't think there is any of the mixture settling in the bottom, but yours might not be so full.  I have had this large coffee container with these wipes in them for months and what's left are still moist.

Use like Clorox wipes all around the house. If you leave out the ammonia you can even use these to wash your armpits and your feet.  I wouldn't use them on any sensitive areas, but maybe you're tougher than I am! ;-)  I LOVE these. Easy on your pocket book and easy on the environment.
 
IMHO it doesn't hurt to have another container on hand to put the used wipe in until you have enough for a washing.  It probably doesn't matter if you throw the used wipes into the laundry basket, but I just don't like that idea so I keep a separate container for the soiled ones. This is at home.  In the van where the toilet process is different, I wouldn't hesitate to put these in with other dirty laundry.
 
Hugs from the Two Dogs blog!  Shawna
Save where you can, so you can spend where you want.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some blog love! I appreciate your comments very much.