22 December 2014

Let's Take the Blog in a Different Direction

Hello my friends!  I hope you are ready for Christmas, it's just days away, and 2015 is breathing down our necks.  I try not to dwell on that for long.  Ha!

With much thought I want to share something with you that I hope will be pleasing to all.  Two Dogs has always been a little mish mash of this, that, and the other, and I want to continue in that vein while taking the blog in a slightly different direction.  Maybe "adding to the blog" would be a better term as I want to continue with inexpensive recipes for household cleaning supplies, easier ways to do things, and some gardening tips and tricks along with the occasional recipe.  But after the realization of a dream of mine ---to have a way to do some travelling---my life is going to take a bit of a different turn , and my hope is that I can combine the old with the new and it might be beneficial to all who like to read my blog.

As some of you are aware I have purchased an older van and am in the process of converting it into something I can not only travel in but also live in. I am not that far from retirement (oh please come sooner rather than later!) and would, at the very least, like to become a Snow Bird and get out of dodge during the winter months. There are a few things holding me back from going now, but in any case Phase One --- buying the vehicle-- is completed and I am now in Phase Two, fixing it up. I want to journal the process and hope that you will be interested in it also. 

I think adding another facet to the blog focusing on the transformation of my van--who I have named Freedom--will fit right in as so many of the household tips would be beneficial to vandwellers as well. Also, I believe that organization on a smaller scale would benefit many who live in a stick and brick residence and could simply apply it on a larger scale if it was something that appealed to them.

So let's give it a try and see how it goes.

For the first post I want to introduce you to Freedom.  Here she is, a 1998 Ford E150.   She has been very well taken care of and runs like a champ.  I did have a wee bit of anxiety when the gentleman I bought her from said "Honey, it's going to take a hundred dollar bill to fill 'er up", but he left her with a half tank of fuel and the price of fuel has dropped over a dollar since I bought her.  I am liking that!

So Merry Christmas one and all and my wish for you is a stellar, healthy, happy 2015!
Hugs, Shawna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some blog love! I appreciate your comments very much.