11 May 2011

Stone walkway

Hey there ---- spring is in full swing after a brief (I hope) little tail-end-of-winter-I-don't-want-to-give-in storm over the weekend. Not sure what will happen today, but a return to nice weather would be fine by me. I worked last Fall to put in a rock walkway and I am happy I did it then and didn't wait until now. It was quite a project, but very satisfying.  I made a lot of mistakes along the way, not liking the first part of the walk after putting in the majority of it and learning better ways of doing it in the process.  But I think that is why it was so satisfying ---- learning from the mistakes and ending up with something worthy of the time and effort.  And it took a lot of time and a lot of effort! WHEW!!! I intend on taking out the first one quarter of it and redoing it in larger rock, but if I don't get to it this season, it will be OK.  I'll get to it eventually. It's in and the wet winter settled the ground nicely and I only have a few spots that will need to have some more soil added (you can that in the last picture). It hasn't taken but one season to make it look as if it has always been there.  I love it!  I leave you with a few pictures ...........


 Thanks for stopping by Two Dogs.  Hugs, Shawna

1 comment:

  1. I love the rockwork Shawna. You did a great job with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some blog love! I appreciate your comments very much.